The stories on this news website are produced by the students of Journalism at the University of the West of England.
At the heart of what we teach is the ability to recognise, substantiate, verify and tell a good news story within the framework established in law, industry regulation and professional guidelines.
We expect our student journalists to follow the industry’s code of practice and produce news that is:
- Legal (complies with UK law and regulation on reporting from courts, defamation, confidentiality, privacy, copyright, information and expression).
- Impartial (not taking sides, but providing a breadth of view)
- Accurate (an accurate account of the facts, from verifiable and reliable sources)
- Diverse in opinion, where necessary
- Independent of political and commercial interests
For information about studying journalism at UWE please visit the University’s website and see the courses listed under Journalism.
For information about the university please visit the website.
If you would like to contact UWE Journalism about a story on this website please email your comment or query below: